Saving Energy in the
Bathroom - Water Saving Shower Ideas
1. Take shorter showers (try 5 minutes maximum). With
every minute you linger under the standard showerhead,
you use 4 to 6 gallons of water.
2. Turn the water off while you lather up or shave
3. Install a water control valve on your existing shower
head or purchase a low-flow showerhead.
4. Or..install water saving devices for your taps and
showers. Energy saving shower heads can save up to 20
per cent of hot water usage – and cut your electricity
5. When buying a new shower curtain, get cloth instead
of polyvinyl chloride (PVC).
6. If hair comes out while showering, don’t wash
it down the drain . Just put it at the edge of the drain
and throw it out afterwards.
Save Energy with your Toilet
Water Saving Shower