Other Ways be Environmentally Friendly & Save Energy
in the Bathroom
1. Mend any dripping taps or leaking pipes immediately.
2. Turn off water while brushing your teeth or shaving.
You can save more than 3 gallons of water!
3. Your drains can be kept open, clean and odor-free
without the use of corrosive drain cleaners. Use a strainer
on all drains to prevent clogs. Click
here for a environmentally friendly recipe to keep
you drains clean and clear. If you do get a clog, try
and as a last resort, use a plumber's snake.
4. Use greener cleaners. Today’s non-toxic organic
soaps and cleaners work, smell good and don’t
harm the environment. Click
here for environmentally friendly green household
cleaning recipes that you can make right at home!
5. Use handkerchiefs instead of disposable tissues.
This will not only help save trees, but the cotton will
be softer on your nose.
6. A faucet aerator will reduce the flow without reducing
the water pressure.
7. Consider a tank-less water heater. Not only will
you save every time you use hot water in your house,
but you’ll have all that extra space to put those
mops and brooms where the water heater used to be!
8. Keep your water heater down to 130F (54C). This
is hot enough to kill bacteria and still save energy.
9. Use your waste basket for miscellaneous bathroom
wastes. Flushing garbage wastes water and can cause
Save Energy with your Toilet
Water Saving Shower