Saving Ideas for your Bedroom
1. Paint interior walls a light color to reflect light
and use low VOC (non-toxic) paint.
2. Get a ceiling fan. Ceiling fans circulate both heat
and cool air, thus saving energy and money
3. Use weather-stripping or caulk on leaking windows
to save on energy and heat.
4. Use organic cotton bedding.
5. Use natural or compact fluorescent lighting. Fluorescent
lights use 1/3 the electricity of normal bulbs and last
up to 10 times longer.
6. Insulate your ceilings and walls to save on your
energy bills and make your house more comfortable throughout
7. Arrange furniture to take advantage of natural light
8. Consider flooring made of renewable materials such
9. Consider sustainable furniture made of recycled
and renewable resources.
10. Unplug or shut down all TVs and other appliances
when not in use. Electronics on "standby"
cost consumers an extra $8 billion dollars a year in